Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Not-so-great-ending to a Great-Day

Even being big, round, and pregnant...I had a really fun day at Lagoon and didn't hurt too terribly bad while walking around, etc. I even went to Lagoon-a-Beach.....which was almost hysterical to see my big tummy in a swimsuit (I should have had John take a pic of me). But after surviving the entire day...I, of course, had to run to the potty before we took off and well, as I walked in the stall, I started shutting the door behind me and all of a sudden my hand was in extreme pain! A lovely bee was apparently on the stall door and got me good. This is kind of a lame picture, but I was stung right on the knuckle of my pinky finger. It swelled up a bit and hurt for a couple days. That's not right, huh...I could hardly bend my finger and trying to sleep was difficult too...which is not what you need when you are pregnant and can't sleep anyway. Neither of my boys have been stung before...but they are for sure going to have my sympathy when it happens...I forgot how much that hurts!

5 comments:

Annie Sunshine said...

Sorry your day ended lousy, but it looks like the rest more than made up for it. I love all the cute pics of your boys on the rides, especially the one with John and Teagan after the river ride.

UtahJenny said...

OUCH!!!

Other than the bee sting - you make Lagoon look fun. I worked there for a LONG time, it helped pay my way through college, but I can't bring myself to return! Maybe next year.

chelsea mckell said...

OHMYGOSH... so bizarre - a few weeks ago I got stung on my pinky knuckle too! And youre right - it HURTS!! Youre kind to refer to him as the "lovely bee." I think of him as the @#$%^$##@! bee. Ironically, the night before I had watched Jerry Seinfelds "Bee Movie" and was starting to feel more amiably towards bees. Not anymore. I hope they choke on their stingers. Fortunately, I was at home, so I put baking soda on it and the pain subsided. But it was itchy for the next week or so. Anyways... I hope our children never have to go through this.

birdeeb said...

Wow that sucks! I haven't been stung (from my knowledge) & I don't want to ugh! Hopefully it gets better!

cfernelius said...

Porter got stung at the Bountiful pool and he was SO mad! He tells me all the time now that bees have stingers on their butts. He's such an observant child! Anyway, that's way fun to be in a new kind of pain. BOO for bees!!! Also, I've invited myself to stalk you online through your cute blog. Hope you don't mind. See you Saturday!