Monday, August 4, 2008

What does this sign mean to you?


This morning was a not-so-great-mommy-morning. My boys were driving me crazy and I was hot and tired and just didn't want to wash the dang dishes...so I took the boys out to lunch to sit in the air conditioning (for me) and play on the play equipment (for the boys). As we walked into the restaurant, Teagan pointed to the handicap parking sign and said, "Mom, this sign says that you need to go potty." It was so matter-of-fact and I just busted up laughing. Yes, that is a great idea to do before playing in the play area and I'm glad to be reminded. Needless to say, this grumpy mom quickly cheered up and I also tried to explain the real meaning of the sign to Teagan. I love my boys!

1 comment:

Annie Sunshine said...

lol! that was cute. They really do say the darndest things! They certainly can change a grumpy mommy moment.

I'm glad you are teaching him what it is really for. I always think of Christopher, and how annoying it is to try to find a space that works with his wheelchair when some unthoughtful person uses it and doesn't really need it. (i.e. the many people I have seen jump out of the car and quickly walk into the store. And I want to say "really...you're handicap...I couldn't tell")