Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sign Language

Your baby can learn sign language!

Here's how to say:

• "Please change my diaper": Turn beet red and make straining expression, then smile.
• "I'd like something to eat, please": Cram fist in mouth and suck wildly.
• "I'm tired": Make a series of weeping gestures before closing eyes and lolling head backward.
• "Please pass me that thing up there that I can't reach": Point and grunt, then continue pointing and open mouth into screaming position.
• "No thank you. I think I've had enough": Throw food or object to floor with exaggerated grin.

6 comments:

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

So true!!

chelsea mckell said...

I think I've read that before on an email or something.... love it.

Mothership said...

Amen, sistah! We sure learn to read their signs, don't we? It's almost frustrating when they start to speak (but not clearly) and you can't understand what they are saying!

Tia Langston said...

Ya, Chelsea...I get some of these things from random emails...ages & stages ones, I think. Most of the time they're pretty funny.

Riah said...

My babies are geniuses. They didn't have to learn sigh language, they were born knowing it. I am the one who had to learn it and as Noah will tell you Momma isn't all that smart.

Kim said...

So funny and so true.