Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy People

I was just thinking of an experience I had at the post office the other day. I had a notice that I had a package waiting to be picked up at the post office...so I drove in quite a bit of falling snow to the post office and after standing in quite a long line (this was a couple weeks -after- Christmas) I finally got to the counter. I really wasn't bugged by the wait...I'm usually quite patient...anyway, I gave the girl my notice and she walked to the back. After she went behind the main wall...I saw this postal worker skipping. Yes, I said skipping. She apparently was loving her job and loving the fact that she was able to take a little trip to the back room to get my package. It was a very happy skip and seriously made my day. I didn't mention anything to her...fearing that I'd maybe embarrass her or something...but it totally made me smile. Happy People Skip!

5 comments:

Julie W said...

What a great story. I will have to take up skipping!

Jason and Audrey said...

skipping is great, I agree! Grant and I chased each other around the house all morning. It was funny. he was laughing so loud and hard. I love kids' laughs!

Annie Sunshine said...

fun story, thanks!

chelsea mckell said...

it's good you had that perspective when you witnessed it.... I would've asked for her supervisor then suggested to him that they drug-test her.

birdeeb said...

LOL I like your story...I think I will skip into work tomorrow...maybe someone think the same of me haha ;o) That's cute Tia!