Thursday, June 26, 2008

Gas Pumping Lesson

We went out to dinner last night as an early birthday celebration for me, because we are going to be very busy this weekend. Anyway, on our way home, we stopped for gas and Teagan asked his daddy if he could get out of the car with him. Usually we both just say, "No, we'll just be a minute. Stay in your seat." But John was being very sweet and patient and let Teagan out of the car. I loved being able to witness Teagan and his sweet daddy having a gas pumping lesson and moving on to washing all the windows. The look on Teagan's face was priceless. His smile was so big. He knew what a special treat it was, even though it was simply pumping gas and cleaning windows. I feel very blessed to have such sweet children and a husband that loves to spend time with them and teaching them.

1 comment:

birdeeb said...

Aww that IS sweet! They just LOVE to help at such a young age! Hopefully they will continue to want to help! When I get home from work Ben always wants to take the things from my hands & put them where they need to go haha! It is so awesome! I think we just have to keep encouraging them to help instead of pushing them away. (Well my siblings have been known to just do it themselves so that it gets done right...yeah not a good lesson for the kids haha). But I can't say I am perfect ;o) I try though :o)